Brent Saner on 6 Oct 2007 03:45:41 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu with i810 video - widescreen, new kernel... uh-oh

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu with i810 video - widescreen, new kernel... uh-oh
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 23:45:32 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=4b+OTo1Nc2582ozjVQ/Yej8hsD6j355F0EG9ery4PCE=; b=CyseTFWOEwJa1CL1nuzVyeWMGbXYNWQApnnRpoDvvJt2ULci0d9QfobdHLD4AHbXe5pxPgvJA0wAT+IEUAx6kgRm4ASv4ykPnrEWEtH35lGrwRrDLXfFxoEHbjasSE0YdTKAsSJr4RhdhffBGhsDDX7iKK/jAMpsozBAL3QeA0M=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

the dell wouldn't happen to be an inspiron 1300/B130, would it?

if not, post "lspci -v" output for me as well as "lsmod"

and have you heard if the 915resolution driver? there've been cases where the 915 driver works better than the i810 (and of course, plenty of cases where the 915 doesn't work at all...)