Art Alexion on 19 Jan 2008 09:05:19 -0800

Re: [PLUG] speaking of KDE4.....

On Friday 18 January 2008 21:12:56 Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> > I am further advised that KDE dropped Konqueror in favor of Dolphin.
> > Here I am, just getting used to what Konqueror can accomplish, and POOF,
> > the design team has `helped me out' in the form of introducing a new and
> > improved Dolphin.  When I tried Dolphin, a while back, it was small and
> > unobtrusive.  It has three panes in KDE3.x, two of which I don't need.
>
> Nobody's dropped Konqueror.  If you don't like Dolphin, use Konqueror
> instead.

I could search my high-volume kubuntu-users folder for links if you need them,
but my understanding is that konqueror-kde4 is a web browser only.  If you
use it for file management, you are really only using an embedded
dolphin.part.

Konqueror 3.x is IMO the best reason to use KDE.  A mid-quality web browser,
but a fantastic file manager and other cool stuff (like fonts:// smb://
audiocd://, etc.).  Dolphin uses more screen space than the crippled tasks it
performs warrant.  I am truly puzzled as to why it is considered an
improvement.