Joe Terranova on 30 May 2008 06:17:10 -0700

Re: [PLUG] More Wireless Rumbling On The Way

> What do people think about the WiMAX deal with Sprint, Comcast, Time Warner,
> and Clearwire? Will this be another failed venture? Personally it sounds
> like a cluster $#%&* to me.  You will have the same issues with building
> penetration, as well latency which could actually be worse. Though I have
> played with satellite internet, and there is a slight delay loading web
> pages; but it' not terrible maybe 500msec. However, VOIP is another deal
> entirely.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I've always wanted a data plan that's not
ludicrously expensive, and this might provide that. Or, it might not.
My ideal goal is to have an n810 with wimax built in that I can make
SIP calls with; of course, that goes out the window if the latency
ends up too high.