Michael Leone on 7 Aug 2008 20:06:14 -0700

[PLUG] Using saved Maildir with Courier in Ubuntu 8.04

I used to run my own home Courier IMAP server. Then I had major hard
drive problems, and other things, and now I just use Google Apps for my
email.

I do have a copy of my old Maildir directory, however, and have now
copied it onto my new Ubuntu 8.04 server. What I'd like to do is use
Courier on this new server, and be able to read my old email locally.
But I'm a little unclear as to what to do after I copy my Maildir over
from my saved drive. Do I just start up Courier, and try and connect to
the new Ubuntu server using Thunderbird?

Any clues gratefully accepted.

--
Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

"My friends say I'm crazy and I agree,
But thats okay cause thats the way I like to be"
             -- "Hey, Girl", O.A.R.