Michael Leone on 13 Sep 2008 20:25:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: OpenGL Screensavers

Casey Bralla wrote:

> On a more serious note, you are exactly correct JP:  Screen savers are totally
> worthless on modern LCD screens.

So are wallpapers; when was the last time you either had no application
windows covering the background, or even the majority of the desktop
background? You really only see the thing when you log in, and before
you start running your applications. Otherwise, the thing is mostly
(usually totally) covered.

Doesn't stop me from having a nice picture of Debra Messing as this
month's wallpaper, even if I don't see her unless I make a conscious
decision to minimize all open windows ... :-)

--
Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

"My friends say I'm crazy and I agree,
But thats okay cause thats the way I like to be"
            -- "Hey, Girl", O.A.R.