Dan Widyono on 17 Oct 2008 11:46:18 -0700

[PLUG] pacct reporting

Greetings,

Who here regularly generates reports out of their pacct file?  I'm looking
for perl or python examples which already do the fancy bit twiddling required
by pacct's structure, and ideally also generate data objects which can be
manipulated as needed to report in varied ways.  Google has not yet been very
helpful, surprisingly.

All the books and articles (Linux and Unix) I've read so far say "To turn
accounting on or off, use accton.  To view it, use sa.  To convert it to
text, use dump-acct."  Not useful once you're done playing with it and really
want to write reports.

Perhaps I'm not searching Google with the correct parameters...

Regards,
Dan W.