Floyd Johnson on 9 Feb 2009 14:55:41 -0800

[PLUG] Slightly OT:Preferred web dev platform?

Dear PLUGgers,

Rooting around in search of a hosting company has made me rethink an
application I'm working on, as an effort to create a shoppable
portfolio. It seems there are only two outfits that support Mono at this
time-nor does cross-platform ASP.NET skill seem to be marketable. Having
finished developing the most important class just yesterday, I am
considering re-implementing the whole application in one of the
"popular" languages.

 From your observations and experience, which language (and possibly web
application framework), as far as the belt from DC to NYC is concerned,
is demonstrated skill in most likely to get one hired as a
city-centric/telecommuting web developer?