Matthew Rosewarne on 22 Feb 2009 12:11:00 -0800

[PLUG] Caught in the local net

I have a server/gateway running ClarkConnect which handles DHCP & DNS using
dnsmasq.  Let's call it server.bork.org.  There are a few clients, let's say
client.bork.org.

Connecting via the VPN, I can reach either server.bork.org or client.bork.org.
However. when connecting to a non-existant machine, such as nonsense.bork.org,
I reach server.bork.org.

What's even stranger, running "ssh client.bork.org"  from server.bork.org
connects to... server.bork.org.

I'd expect the server NOT to resolve non-existant *.bork.org names.  More
importantly, the server definitely needs to be able to connect to other
machines on the network.  How can I make dnsmasq do the "right thing"?