Edmond Rodriguez on 30 Jun 2009 06:08:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Hibernation Question

I found this thread motivating enough to once again try to get my hibernate to work (Slackware 12.2 on laptop).

Using the advice below, and this link http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Hardware/Mini_HOW_TO_Hibernate_and_resume_0  I was able to get things working using only the kde/klaptop application (ACPI config tab) and the liloconfig command (add the resume parameter and renew LILO).

The link above also indicates that a swap file can be used instead of swap space (though I did not try it).

I like the idea of using a swap file instead, as that does not require repartitioning and can easily be removed if the space is needed for something else.