Casey Bralla on 5 Feb 2010 02:30:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Xubuntu menu editing - whew...

I also found the "autostart" features of XFCE (from Debian) to be rather
complex.   There seems to be a couple of different files that can be changed,
and no single unifying concept behind it all.

I think this is what happens when 1 group of software developers builds on the
work of a completely different group that was working on something different.
I got the impression that XFCE, much more than KDE or Gnome, is actually
several completely different projects that have been melded together.

So no, I don't think you're missing anything.  I think you will find its
actually not that complicated once you get it done, but the learning curve can
be steeper than you would have expected.

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation