Richard Freeman on 8 Oct 2010 09:53:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] CentOS 5 on >2TB disks

On 10/08/2010 07:13 AM, Doug Stewart wrote:
> Why not map an LVM on top for everything with a single non-LVM partition cut for /boot at ~100MB?

That would be one way of doing it.

LVM is actually optional - software RAID works fine on partitions too so
you could have a 100MB boot partition and then RAID the rest of the
space on the drive.

You can also do as I do and have 100MB of RAID mirroring for the boot
partition and then use RAID5 for the rest.

I used to use LVM but had a REALLY bad experience with it once.  I'm
sure I'll try it again someday but to be honest I'm more likely to stick
out my current configuration until btrfs matures and use it instead.

Rich