Fred Stluka on 23 Nov 2010 06:27:40 -0800

[PLUG] Unix/Windows tip: Piping and command line re-direction...

PLUGgers,

For those of you not on my Unix tips mailing list, you may enjoy
this series on piping and command line redirection.

Let me know if you want to be added to my Unix/Linux tips mailing
list, or any of my other lists.  See:
   http://bristle.com/invite.htm

Also, I could pretty easily turn some of my series of tips into
talks at PLUG meetings.  Each of these could be a talk or a
lightning talks:
- The Help System (apropos, whatis, man, info, whereis, which,
 where, find, locate)
- Piping and Command Line redirection
- Aliases
- Shell script basics
- C shell variables
- Some useful aliases and scripts I've written (dirr, dubig,
 promptloop,
- Startup files for various shells
- Setting cdpath in various shells
- Unix flavors and shells
- Unix security (logwatch, fail2ban, tripwire, port knocking, su
 sudo, ssh, etc.)
Interested?

Anyhow, see the piping and command line redirection tips, and links
to many more, below.  Any I missed or got wrong?

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.