K.S. Bhaskar on 26 Mar 2011 13:24:24 -0700

[PLUG] Transparent Hugepage support in Ubuntu 11.04

Although transparent hugepages are part of the 2.6.38 kernel, it looks
like the Ubuntu 11.04 kernels, both generic and kernel, are built with
the feature disabled:

$ grep TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE /boot/config-2.6.38-7-generic
# CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE is not set
$

The Fedora Core 15 alpha however has it enabled.  Does anyone know
whether Ubuntu plans to enable transparent hugepages in their default
kernels?  If they don't enable them, I think I should switch to FC 15
once it is released in May.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

--
Windows does to computers what smoking does to humans