jeff on 21 Oct 2011 19:38:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] compositing

On 10/21/2011 06:03 PM, Ryan T. Sawyer wrote:
Does it serve any real purpose for users who go for bland over bling?

I really doubt it. That's basically all compositing is.

Thank you.

Rotating cubes always elicit the most wonderful WOWs from all assembled but they're just not for me.

Speaking of WOWs, my absolute favorite program of all time is Etherape. If I'm not already running it, I always make sure it's up when Manglement is around. It's even better than the Machine That Goes BING. They stare, transfixed. If I get my way, it will be on a 48" monitor atop our real monitoring systems.

Does XFCE have its own compositing engine, or does it just work on top
of something like xcompmgr?

Excellent question :)

I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that it does not have xcompmgr, largely because I just looked. Other than that, it's just a checkbox in the Window Manager Tweaks.

--
-----
the new home of ThermionicEmissions - the blog