David Coulson on 10 Dec 2011 06:48:09 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Lost gigabytes? More information

Since you are using LVM, start here:

lvscan
pvscan
vgdisplay -v

The first should give you all your logical volumes, including whatever is mounted on /. The second should correspond to a partition you see in fdisk. The last will dump out all the useful information about everything LVM on your system.

Maybe send the output of the first two commands and cat /proc/mounts to the list. Looking at fdisk is not helpful when you've got more granular volume slicing with LVM.