Lee H. Marzke on 6 Apr 2012 22:31:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] revision control systems: your faves?

It depends . . .

If you only need command-line and Linux is your sole client,
then SVN or Hg may work well for you.

Even if your writing by yourself, do you have to support multiple release branches
or use dev branches ( so you don't break the current code while adding features ) ?

If you are supporting multiple release lines you may like streams over branches.

If so Perforce supports these features,  and is now free ( unlimited-time ) for the
first 20 users.

- 3-way graphical merge support included with client
- GUI client designed same org as the server and CL client.
- Large binary file support
- Extensive documentation
- Support for Streams  ( branches with brains )

Lee