Casey Bralla on 28 Feb 2014 18:32:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Cord Cutting Options & Meeting topics?

Lee, welcome to the list.   Don't worry about conversations over being over
your head.  We all feel that way.  Most of us are just good BSers, and just
like to throw around jargon. <grin>

I like your notion of Hulu + Netflix.   Hos is the picture quality with Hulu?
Is it better/worse/same as conventional TV?  Also, do you feel the interface
is usable enough (by that I mean can you easily find the shows you're looking
for, or do you have to wade through a bunch of crap screens to find what you're
looking for.

My wife and I are thinking of ditching cable, but are a little concerned that
we'll have to give up the rather nice on-line program  guide  that comcast
provides.

I'm not sure about any good newbie presentations, but don't feel shy about
asking a "stupid" question.  We all love to answer questions, and if it's a
newbie question, then the chances are better that you'll get an answer since
more people are likely to know the answer.

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation