Rich Freeman on 1 Oct 2014 11:14:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] msmtp looks like it works.....

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Keith C. Perry
<kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:

> If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to POP3 mail from a
> remote server to a local server under your control.  It is from that
> local server that you would have all the features... 1) web client 2)
> mobile client 3) filters / tags 4) keyboard short cuts...
>
> Is that correct?

Nope.  The email starts out on a server I control.  I'm using POP3 to
get it off of that server onto Gmail, so that have #1-4.  If I could
host something that offered all that stuff I'd be more than happy to
do so.  I've yet to see a FOSS tag-based mail storage system, let
alone a web-based client with keyboard shortcuts, etc.

With Gmail I can look at my inbox, and do nothing more than hit
pgdown, followed by #, e, !, or j/k for 99% of my mail.  # and e are
buttons at the top of the screen on the android client.

With solutions like squirrelmail/roundcube I end up having to pick a
folder after reading each email to sort my mail, instead of
pre-sorting it or just using search to find things later.  They lack
the whole inbox vs archive concept found in Gmail, which works
differently that traditional folder-based storage systems.

--
Rich