Rich Freeman on 23 Oct 2015 17:17:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: wall warts

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Keith C. Perry
<kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:

> I was having a problem with a cordless wet/dry vac not charging, which
> turned out to be a bad wall wart.  I didn't think those went bad much,
> so it took me a while to figure that out.  I have a drawer full of old
> ones, so I pulled that out and started testing with my digital Fluke 73
> and at least half of old ones showed a flickering more-or-less nothing.
>  Others seemed to be around the nominal expected output

One thing you should check is that you're using the right meter mode
(DC vs AC).  Most power adapters are DC, but you do run into AC ones
sometimes and if you try to measure one using a DC meter you're
probably going to get a zero reading.  Obviously each power adapter
should put out whatever the label says it will.

--
Rich