Christopher Barry on 12 Sep 2016 14:00:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] do no evil

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 08:26:05 -0400
jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:

>https://twitter.com/musalbas/status/775261347122671616
>
>according to this, Google Maps is on, tracking your location, even if
>you uninstall it. 'Fix' is to turn off GPS and use it only if/when you
>need it.

The answer here, IMHO, lies in decentralization. We need a distributed
network paradigm where everyone is both a node and a router, traffic
moves encrypted, TOR-like, anonymously through this mesh.

Yes, there will be latencies. Yes, there will be backbones that need
to be hopped onto, and accounts therewith. Yes, there will need to be a
lot of node/routers for it to work in any useful way. Initially, it'll
suck. But it can thrive, and it will help to solve a lot of these
issues. Initially, it will be optimal for asynchronous types of
communication, like text messaging and voice messaging. Over time, with
massive market penetration of inexpensive devices, and new satellite
relay systems based on micro-sats, it could be a global, highly
redundant distributed framework for everyone to communicate through.

The centralized cloud/service corral we're being herded into is
anti-freedom, anti-privacy, and anti-personal control. Resist it.

--
Regards,
Christopher