Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 15 Sep 2016 09:11:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Replacement mailing list idea

While I appreciate the sentiment, that's uphill against massive amounts of established software and user training, as my reply is showing. Like Betamax, the superior method is losing, top posting has won.

On Sep 15, 2016 11:35, "Christopher Barry" <christopher.r.barry@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 09:26:29 -0400
Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Michael Toren <mct@toren.net> wrote:
>>
>> Solved :-)  No changes needed.
>>

>So, uh, along these lines, what do people think of going along a route
>like Discourse?  :)
>
>Or is it basically a done decision that we're sticking with a
>traditional mailing list and the only important consideration is where
>to host it?
>
>--
>Rich

-<some_large_number> for any web-based forum thing.

How about enforced normal bottom posting on mailman, and severe shaming
with extreme and relentless prejudice of top-posters, so reading
(minimally snipped) threads makes chronological sense?

This /is/ a Linux list after all, right?

--
Regards,
Christopher