Rich Freeman on 2 Mar 2017 09:02:59 -0800

Re: [PLUG] "Most Secure" heh heh

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:18 AM, prushik <prushik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its an obvious false flag operation. MS releases an OS thats more insecure
> than ever but can be fixed by removing admin rights. Next, Microsoft removes
> everybody's admin rights in the name of security and now everybody is a
> slave to MS. Android works with no admin rights, why not a desktop OS? What
> do users need admin rights for anyway? Nothing that microsoft approves of.

Windows already has a higher privilege level than admin for trusted
media/etc, so I'm not sure what this really would gain them.  And
Intel/AMD both offer effectively a higher level of privilege than that
in their trusted platform implementations.

This is just incompetence.  MS doesn't gain anything from blocking
users from the admin account on their own machines, because they
already have a secure environment it can't touch.

--
Rich