Rich Freeman on 17 Mar 2017 07:10:10 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Backups vs Copies: was Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Lee H. Marzke <lee@marzke.net> wrote:

> My VM volumes (servers) are just zfs snap/sent offsite nightly.  Zfs
> (freenas at this time )maintains several old snaps.

Are you using zfs volumes for this?  How do they generally perform for
VMs (lots of internal writes, presumably with some history of
snapshots/etc)?  I realize that this is what they were created for,
but I know that btrfs is terrible with this so I am curious.

--
Rich