Andy Wojnarek on 1 May 2017 08:33:56 -0700

[PLUG] [Job] Wanted: mid-level Linux admin

Hello!

The ATS Group is looking for a mid-level Linux administrator for a full-time gig at one of our customers in the King of Prussia area. We’re looking for someone who has the following characteristics:

Requirements:

  * Previously worked/working as Linux admin in an enterprise shop (managing more than 50+ servers)

  * Highly customer focused – polished customer service attitude

  * Proficient in bash scripting

  * Strong troubleshooting experience

Bonus points:

  * SuSE/Red Hat experience

  * Splunk experience

  * Nagios/Icinga or relatable monitoring experience

  * Puppet or relatable configuration management experience

We’re looking for someone to join our team of 5 *nix admins managing around 1000 servers. The work consists of managing a ticket queue that includes things like: application deployments, server down, hardware replacements, application down, performance issues, other troubleshooting. We’re seeking a mid-level administrator because it’s not system architecture and design – it’s more running the ship – not building it. The environment is mildly vast, with a variety of different technologies – from high performance clusters, to hundreds of databases, webservers and everything in between.

If interested, please send me your resume, and I’ll send the official (more HR’ey) job description.

--

Andy Wojnarek

Andy.wojnarek@theatsgroup.com