PaulNM on 5 Oct 2017 21:51:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] A-D Converter from Behringer

On 10/05/2017 10:06 PM, Keith C. Perry wrote:
Glad to see Behringer stuff working with Linux.  Thing are so much better than what I remember at the turn of the century.

Oh yeah, those days were "interesting". Remember the frantic wait for kernel 2.4 and official usb support?

Iomega was one of the few companies that supported Linux. They actually had a page explaining how to download and rebuild a kernel so you could use their usb products. (Like the Zip 250 drive.) If I remember correctly it involved getting the 2.3 sources and applying some of the patches not yet merged, as 2.4.0 wasn't out yet. (Or maybe it was a pre-release kernel, memory is a little foggy.)

- PaulNM