Steve Litt on 18 Sep 2018 09:45:17 -0700

Re: [PLUG] plymouthd

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 10:14:05 -0400
Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:51 AM Eric H. Johnson
> <ejohnson@camalytics.com> wrote:
> >
> > I will look at that the next time I am over there. I think I tried
> > escape, but did not do anything.
>
> I'd definitely try disabling the splash screen entirely.
>
> That said, I just realized it is completing boot.  I'm not sure why it
> is still around.  Again, I am not much of an Ubuntu user so I've never
> really had to debug plymouth.

The inability to get rid of Plymouth in any sane way, and the inability
to boot to CLI and use startx, were the main reasons I switched from
Ubuntu to Debian in early 2014. Now if I could only stop udev from
putting the virtual terminals into framebuffers, my life would be
complete.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz