Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy via plug on 24 Jul 2019 08:02:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] backup help needed

when using the -a you should be as root or using sudo.

I like using rsync since only the updated and latest files will be backed up.

The external drive should be mounted for this to work.  Also the external drive should be partitioned and formatted with a Linux / BSD file system like ext4, zfs, or whatever you prefer.

sudo rsync -av /home/ /mnt/external/

Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy

I hope you enjoy my posts on the following sites:

Blogs:

Freedom.Social https://freedom.social/mp-RevLeRoyCressy
Minds https://www.minds.com/lrcressy
FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/leroy.cressy
Gab https://gab.com/the-rev
Twitter https://twitter.com/lrcressy

Videos:

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqrVrZbgneD5EiSCjj1WSuQ
Bitchute https://www.bitchute.com/channel/s0Lo9GISDVue/
Real Video https://www.real.video/channel/therev

Some of these sites may remove me for my views, which
is their right.  I publish what I believe to be
true and accurate.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the
life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.