Casey Bralla via plug on 9 Nov 2020 10:35:04 -0800

[PLUG] 32-Bit Linux

On 11/9/20 11:49 AM, jeffv via plug wrote:
> 11 Linux Distributions You Can Rely on for Your Ancient 32-bit Computer
> https://itsfoss.com/32-bit-linux-distributions/

One of the listed distributions is Gentoo.  I've finally gotten Gentoo
loaded on a Pentium III w/ 512 MBytes RAM.  It was a very difficult
ordeal.  Theoretically, you can build a 32-bit system with Gentoo, but
almost any recent desktop environment or browser will require 64-bit
libraries and/or a processor capable of sse2 instructions to build on
Gentoo.

It's bad enough that __I'm__ a dinosaur, but now one of my favorite old
laptops is too! :)