jeffv via plug on 10 May 2021 08:53:05 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Not the wisest comment on the Colonial break-in

On 5/10/21 10:50 AM, Floyd Johnson via plug wrote:

the systems of Colonial Pipeline, my gut reaction was, "How does someone hack a pipeline? Those aren't connected to any public networks, right?"

(*braces for it*)

This has terrified me for years.
Things like this are kinda sorta somewhat important and they're not secured very well.

* regulations have been relaxed so trucks can help keep oil flowing

This faintly reminded me of the difficulty we had setting up a Roomba a few months ago due to its lack of WPA2 capability. With a moment to

my brother just asked me about hooking up his lawn watering system and the safety implications.

1. why do you want to hook your watering system to the net?
2. don't