Rich Freeman via plug on 17 May 2021 08:11:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] TurboTax update

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 10:53 AM jeffv via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> That was possible last year, but it will no longer run on W7. I don't
> have a W10 VM. It ran beautifully on W7 VM for years. Credit where due:
> it's a good product that saved me $$  It's just disingenuous and
> ad-filled online.

If you're looking for a cheaper alternative there is FreeTaxUSA.  You
have to pay for some of the features, but you can actually do most
Federal filings completely for free, including investment income.  The
state rates are pretty cheap.  There are some gotchas, like having to
upgrade to file an amended return, but the price is still pretty low.

They're web-based, so it should be fine on Linux.

--
Rich