LeRoy Cressy via plug on 25 Jan 2023 17:29:58 -0800

Re: [PLUG] My Holy Quest for a WYSIWYG HTML Word Processor

On 1/25/23 13:23, Casey Bralla \(Mail List\) via plug wrote:
> I don't know why this is so hard to find, but as they said in that old
> Tom Baker Doctor Who episode, "The Quest is The Quest".
>
> I'm on a holy quest for a WYSIWYG HTML word processor.  It seems like
> lots of other people would want this also.
>
> On the hope that it does exist, and I've just not invested enough time
> in searching, does anybody know of a WYSIWYG HTML word processor?
>
> My desires are:
>
>  1. Basic word processing + the standard extras such as footnotes, spell
>     check, table of contents, etc
>  2. Reveal Codes capability ala the old WordPerfect so you can actually
>     see what the underlying document structure is
>  3. Uses HTML (or XML) as the markup language
>  4. Real-time WYSIWYG, just like any modern word processor. (NOT export
>     and view separately!)
>  5. Formatting controls like a normal word processor (NOT manually
>     adding HTML codes to get formatting)
>
> I don't need all the super complex features of LibreOffice Writer of MS
> Word, but holy-moly, why is this program missing from the market?  As
> far as I can tell, EVERY word processor out there emulates the terrible,
> confusing, awful design concepts of MS Word.
>
> Anybody got any suggestions?

Have you thought of abiword?

--
  Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy
  mailto:rev.cressy@prontonmail.com

   /\_/\
  ( o.o )
   > ^ <

Cell Phone: 267-668-9686

GnuPG Fingerprint:
D234 65D6 2822 211B F82F  A6CA B332 4CC8 ACBF D200

You can find me on the following:

Telegram:
     (My Main Channel)
	https://t.me/RevLeRoy