JP Vossen via plug on 29 Jan 2023 11:25:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Blog: Great KeepassXC article

For KeePass, it's covered in TFA, but I should have noted that there is a CLI tool, and that all the tools notice when the file changes on-disk and merge, so you can sync the file (or keep it in Git).  We have a file in Git at $WORK, and can use the CLI client on headless servers if needed, yet the Windows folks can grab the file from the Git web server and that Just Works too.  Very nice.

As Rich M. points out, I should have mentioned Bitwarden as well.  Everything about that sounds awesome...until you get the to  .NET/Mono part.  That's a show-stopper for me; I am not a fan.

These are my notes, entitled: Dump LastPass, use Bitwarden:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitwarden
https://www.theregister.com/2023/01/16/dump_lastpass_bitwarden/
	Free client: Linux, Windows, macOS, Android, iPhone, and iPad
	Browser extensions: Brave, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Vivaldi, and Tor
	Free cloud-based store for all your passwords, Bitwarden Web Vault; a random password generator; two-factor authentication (2FA); and Bitwarden's database breach feature (HaveIbeenPwned)
	*Free self-hosted server if you want it*
		https://github.com/bitwarden/server
			:-( C# using .NET Core with ASP.NET Core.
				The database is written in T-SQL/SQL Server.
			Linux
			Docker
			https://raspberrytips.com/install-bitwarden-on-raspberry-pi/