Casey Bralla via plug on 16 Feb 2023 18:55:42 -0800

[PLUG] Web Pages Look Different on Screen and Printed. Why?

This has been an growing annoyance for me.

I see a web page and try to print it, but the printed output often is
wildly different from what I see on the screen.  I've read that there is
a separate CSS for printing, but I don't understand why.

Why doesn't a browser render the print output the same way it renders
the screen output?  The dimensions of the paper and the screen may be
different, but those differences are trivial compared to the gawd-awful
print output of some web pages.

What the heck is going on here?