Walt Mankowski via plug on 1 Jun 2023 06:14:14 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Blog: John Goerzen: Recommendations for Tools for Backing Up and Archiving to Removable Media

On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 09:58:47PM -0400, Steve Litt via plug wrote:
> The big reason I never use tapes is that five, ten or twenty years from
> now, I might not be able to procure a compatible tape drive when the
> current one breaks, and boom, all my tapes are museum pieces.
>
> I once wrote about this:
>
> http://troubleshooters.com/lpm/200208/200208.htm#_backup_principles

Since it's 20 years since you wrote that, you can test that theory!
Can you still procure tape drives that are compatible with those from
2002?

Walt