Will via plug on 4 Jul 2023 00:14:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Reinstall of Linux didn't work

I could fix these issues if it were Arch or other equivalent simple distro.

My 2 cents from my vantage point to fix it on my own system is first, get a chroot going. I would be using the Arch USB but that's because pacman and pacstrap are on there (match your live distro with your installed distro).  I would then wipe the boot distro and rebuild. Do not use grub, it will self destruct because it is an active project doing a lot of good work that will break configurations (since many do not want to spend time learning how to maintain grub).

I would use systemd boot personally. Do not get fancy with your boot loader. Ext or even fat32 will best for formatting the partition as long as you set the boot partition flags. The rest of your partitions should remain untouched. Please note any UEFI assignments are weird to get started at first but not impossible. Assuming your kernel, boot loader, and UEFI assignments are set correctly you will be fine.

I do not have the slightest idea how to accomplish these tasks with an installer to aide you, but while in a chroot the Arch wiki should have a lot of guidance on how one may proceed regardless of whatever distro they are using. Just remember you may have to update your fstab which shouldn't be too difficult with the directions on the Arch wiki. Alternatively you could experiment with genfstab after you have backed up the fstab. Just remember genfstab requires all mounts be set before using chroot from the live distro -> original install.

-Will C