Rich Freeman via plug on 12 Jul 2023 05:49:49 -0700

[PLUG] Slides for Home Assistant

Here are my slides from last night.  We spent quite a bit of time
playing around with it in the demo - the Home Assistant website has
very extensive documentation around getting started and for individual
integrations and their capabilities.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1X3VfyqOmAmvSCvtFq-ASIwQ7FfOHObFmCCM-J0PSVvs/edit?usp=sharing

We had a bunch of ideas come up around potential future talks
(Rook/Ceph/Grafana/k8s-ingress certificate management/etc) - some
could be lightning talks as well.  I'd like to let others present but
I'll try to come up with a plan to get some presentations in a way
that makes sense since some topics build.  Will mentioned being
interested in doing some presentations around k8s and that is
something that might be nice to do before tackling something like
Rook/Grafana.  (Will - happy to co-present if it is a general topic,
or do some kind of general/specific tag team.)

We have many in this group who have quite a bit of experience on some
of these topics as well, so please speak up if you want to talk about
them.

I could also do a high-level storage comparison.  Something like
mdadm+lvm vs zfs/btrfs vs LizardFS/MooseFS/Ceph.  Maybe mention
Gluster though I haven't actually used that.

--
Rich