ejohnson camalytics.com via plug on 31 Jul 2023 15:28:59 -0700

[PLUG] VMWare help

Any VMWare experts out there? Trying to help someone remotely with a strange configuration.

Note: I did not set this up. :)

He has a back end with fixed ip of 10.1.10.240 that we are trying get the VM to talk to. The host machine has a fixed ip address of 10.1.10.101. The host can ping the back end successfully.

In the VM we have tried a fixed Ip address, and just selecting NAT in the VM setup with acquie ip address automatically. But have not been able to successfully ping the back end.

In addition we have successfully connected to the main network using DHCP which has Internet access and successfully browsed the internet (192.168.1.X subnet).

Do I have to setup bridging, or how do I get the VM to talk over the same ip address as the host?

Thanks,
Eric

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android