Syeed Ali via plug on 8 Oct 2023 00:51:02 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Places to learn Linux and C around Philadelphia?

On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 21:04:06 -0400 (EDT)
Frank via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> Ideally, I'd like to learn in person, or at least with a local group,
> if possible.  I have some of a programming background, and I am in
> the process of learning how to work in Linux. Right now, I'm limping
> along with some books from the library, but I could really use some
> face-to-face help with the more complicated concepts.

There have been excellent suggestions so far.  I'll add to them by
suggesting you engage the free ChatGPT for anything that comes to mind.
While it is not a person, you get immediate feedback, excellent
explanations, and direct help with programming or errors.

https://chat.openai.com/

Describe what you want, why you want it, and how far along the
path you are.

Something simple like:

- I'm interested in learning to program in C
- I want to be able to ___
- I have experience with ___

etc.