Casey Bralla via plug on 28 Jan 2024 11:15:42 -0800

[PLUG] Symbolic Link Problem/Question

This problem has stymied me in the past, and I think someone here may
have helped me in the past, but I'm getting older now...

I want to link a directory so that I can access it more easily.
Specifically, I wan to link:

    /files1/documents   to   /docs

I've tried this command:

"ln -s /files/documents /docs"

But when I do a directory of "ls /docs", I get shown a file which shows
the link to the old directory.  But what I want is to see the directory
of files on /files1/documents.

I've done this before, and there was a "trick" to make it work, but I
can't remember the trick, nor can I find it on the web.

Can somebody help?

TIA!