Walt Mankowski via plug on 2 Apr 2024 13:28:07 -0700

[PLUG] This is why I have trust issues

https://gizmodo.com/amazon-reportedly-ditches-just-walk-out-grocery-stores-1851381116

The money quote:

> Just over half of Amazon Fresh stores are equipped with Just Walk
> Out. The technology allows customers to skip checkout altogether by
> scanning a QR code when they enter the store. Though it seemed
> completely automated, Just Walk Out relied on more than 1,000 people
> in India watching and labeling videos to ensure accurate checkouts.
> The cashiers were simply moved off-site, and they watched you as you
> shopped.

How long, I wonder, until we find out that ChatGPT is really just a
bunch of overworked and underpaid writers in Bangalore?