Elizabeth Krumbach on 8 Nov 2005 12:29:05 -0000

Re: When can you meet?

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 11:46:32AM -0500, Henry Umansky wrote:
> I was thinking of setting up some sort of forum as another avenue
> for topic discussion.  I don't want the forum to replace the mailing
> list, instead I want it to act as another way to ask for
> information.

I think a web forum is too ambitious of a plan at this stage. In fact,
I believe the idea has been floated around PLUG before and rejected
because there just wouldn't be enough participation, and PLUG is
pretty huge as far as LUGs go.

If you want web content I can throw some ideas your way, depending on
the structure of the site we could have member profiles, links to
linus stuff (duh), links to local websites and local people's
websites. Book reviews are a big one, if people actually do reviews
the pages end up having lots of google juice. Which reminds me - is
BCLUG already in contact with the LUG promotional branches of the big
tech publishers? I can't be the contact for that (since I already run
another LUG and am the contact there), but can hook someone up for
these, the publishers are very generous when reviews are actually
written.

> Either case, I have purchased montcolug.org domainname and I'm
> looking forward to working with bclug.org.

Sounds good. We can discuss things further once a skeleton site is off
the ground.

Lyz

--
Elizabeth A. Krumbach // Lyz@PrincessLeia.com