[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [bclug] Follow-up from tonight's meeting
I'm glad I was able to attend my first meeting. This seems to be a
interesting group and I enjoyed meeting everyone.
A few items I mentioned last night were.
- Zope "Z object publishing Environment" http://www.zope.org/
- Plone Content Management Framework http://www.plone.org/
Yes Zope/Plone is quite a resource hog, but I've got a nice
community site done with very little programming at http://n99.com/
- Asterisk IP PBX system, http://asterisk.org I've signed up to give
a talk in March at the Philly PLUG meeting on Asterisk and *@home
- Perforce SCM, http://www.perforce.com ( I'm an independent
consultant for them. ) Similar to IBM Clearcase, but works on every
OS, reasonable cost, and has extremely good branch/merge support.
- I use http://www.zoneedit.com/ for managing many DNS zones, but
they also have free Dynamic DNS service, and it works with ddclient.
Michael C. Toren wrote:
A few items from the meeting last night:
- Celestia, "the free space simulation that lets you explore our
universe in three dimensions", can be found at
http://www.shatters.net/celestia/. It's quite fun.
Firefox, can be found at http://selenium.thoughtworks.com/
- Peter Seebach's Infrequently Asked Questions in comp.lang.c, lives
at http://www.plethora.net/~seebs/faqs/c-iaq.html. I particularly
enjoy the Arrays and Pointers section; the entire FAQ is probably
best enjoyed after reading the comp.lang.c FAQ, which is an
- ddclient, a Linux Dynamic DNS client, can be found at
http://ddclient.sf.net. I use it with the dyndns.com service,
although there are many others it is compatible with.
bclug.org mailing list
This message was sent to email@example.com