Alexander John Batyi on 11 Jan 2006 17:40:49 -0000

Re: AMPR (was meeting)

Doug and Henry,
    I am in Lower Bucks near the river.  I have an AEA PK88 I haven't
used in decades.  It was a lot of fun connecting to BBSs and hopping
around the world but I never tried TCP/IP over packet.

I was interested in the APRS thing where they merge a GPS and AMPR
but never tried anything with it.  I did hook up a GPS with some
Open Source software called Roadmap (after hacking Roadmap to read
the packets from my GPS.)

I was thinking of dusting off the PK88 and setting it up on 2 meters
again.  Do you guys want to get together for coffee or whatever?