Doug Crompton on 11 Jan 2006 21:17:14 -0000

Re: AMPR (was meeting)

OK Well I am in Richboro... Any suggestions for a place? Good time?

Newtown, Richboro, Warminster, Hatboro, Willow Grove???/

Doug

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Henry Umansky wrote:

> I would be happy to get together some time, the only thing is I won't be
> able to contribute to any discussion.  So I'll sit there passively and
> try to digest all the information from guys.
>
> Henry Umansky
> henry@humansky.com
> http://www.humansky.com
>

> Alexander John Batyi wrote:
>
> >Doug and Henry,
> >    I am in Lower Bucks near the river.  I have an AEA PK88 I haven't
> >used in decades.  It was a lot of fun connecting to BBSs and hopping
> >around the world but I never tried TCP/IP over packet.
> >
> >I was interested in the APRS thing where they merge a GPS and AMPR
> >but never tried anything with it.  I did hook up a GPS with some
> >Open Source software called Roadmap (after hacking Roadmap to read
> >the packets from my GPS.)
> >
> >I was thinking of dusting off the PK88 and setting it up on 2 meters
> >again.  Do you guys want to get together for coffee or whatever?
> >

> >>Henry,
> >>
> >> I assume you were talking to me about AMPR? Well they are so many ways to
> >>go on that. It depends. Where are you located? Perhpas we could have a
> >>mini meeting on this sometime.
> >>
> >>Doug

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *