Re: BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2017-05-14 at 85c Bakery

Turns out that I myself cannot make today's meetup :-(

A few Windows 7 and 10 users are becoming hysterical
over the Ransomware messages[1] (and the follow-thru
scam-artists taking advantage of this) that have apparently
been appearing on their PCs over the last several days.

Although I *could* talk them through this over the phone,
they *insist* that I be physically present, if nothing other
than personally handholding them and backing up their
data files (they didn't do all necessary backups!!)

Sorry, will hopefully make the next BerkeleyLUG meetup
on the 28th.
-A

[1] http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/12/nsa-hacking-tools-hospital-ransomware-attacks-wannacryptor-238328