[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
BALUG: meeting TODAY!: Tu 2017-05-16 (& note RSVP policy) & other BALUG News
- To: "Berkeley Linux Users Group" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: BALUG: meeting TODAY!: Tu 2017-05-16 (& note RSVP policy) & other BALUG News
- From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 06:29:00 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 126.96.36.199 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of email@example.com) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 188.8.131.52 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=list-unsubscribe:list-subscribe:list-archive:list-help:list-post :list-id:mailing-list:precedence:user-agent:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results:arc-message-signature:sender :dkim-signature:arc-authentication-results; bh=NQGPJ8UxtTk2qtTeGoc975QuixM8PX8sT4MSWdC8xPU=; b=uSfLBpbqyDwe98wgfkWiepItA8JGA+toHCL8bMVewPvvJXNQ7UPNmRDQJbfzK2FYcC oapMifVVfiVdow5qPvWiccI5J5MiyZHtlcY8WryngeQtIHA/3lsIXnJwnac+AQruYWdo B2aI0fhfhkk3w+LeG3oZCer8Czt6oUx25HhxiUuQ7jvpjsarP26WkpOzKhp4dPj/Ydee fQ2Sehgf56JwXI47jg1cWlKaEgDlORNoJUdtqvfdu8Gk4nntbc7HebdNpi0sp70GVFMB YVYnoqWqbUXkwm0vgyvViXF8uD2fbtxMh0KnVYAj3u5+RmPaBk2+HqKddtbmZQmmMOt5 wSQQ==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=user-agent:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id :arc-authentication-results; bh=Sk5B1765JKpF4G842KvS+THgux+nw0YHrQ1DbQqKyAI=; b=nlZoKV8eAT00caXGZ1mtWLFquJaNecD8rX3gLSQEL+btWolu/vAMmCqwRcm9xQI2zq qJodR69oaDhvLG1bEPUhsywn1dqfg1zJBJj6Vl0HTp+A5LFHxMUVxmwc5CXpdRIgMevh twt0nZg6z1I6uI3hSSkHS4md2MMfCm9U4u+DfT8R4iMgX2pLnf0iSRF+xhtIFGYK6H5S 7FOIJJKd2pdX2MZd2byJN5FJvltlyQ1dyUjzP6rEfNhp7GHj4q/uk/dNQRb/CqTXAz/l Z/sA01AGFcsiv9PnRw47qZj1eWnSEcHUWzBaNLspfKk0mZuoaDhtuUm/vNdKA1RgK36g WTIQ==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1494941342; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=D+6+Q5MFbMDMMM/nO8MhWc5WuqK8Tj2gEhxygGG899gd/ukRQlnHCbNxIIcdoRw2Yr zL+F20gpU0TOfd8D9GzVozNBfgvkF+HUb8G9EdPn9uo8CLOcvlO/yAhmg7jSvLXAAmh2 J341c9n9xz3DIF6pLIWdkI8aUs6/qjsNUzkL2fpNMfCL5gArtjQEr8gt9/XlskT5KwBH vqiS58dddmQF4RTrd+79Lw0/338iP3APbx4gW/kSnCAU2XsWGHIGY39wULE1YYVs/FFW 3C8vuKAFNowbc6u28cDHwACmWKiwh6fpVHO1sWtnHbSpqut7xtvASdOuUH70tAvnyObL pgsA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1494941341; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=c4yw4pYznBXPWvk57fqjwSus2TfkgTIC6OYbpMnrPSaZXpUmfVctVhD3zo1isGdGP0 5XkvfEJoCm1VLbMEO5Xj9TU0ND2Ms/hhOBE7Cdl2by9R8kZ5/xwBJxpEFms8Egb5R0Jo tmN1Izw5+I7eYJms2niC+czUuR+DeC4y+SxgSWkG2FXXFBx8/p67ihMCBFHzEf7XK56I 2un4an0sl5Gu8lqjurLoSALu0ISabpsz0/ERy7DTZMECT2NVC4da6GA3ooaWaZ+1ZJRW SOfQGwpMoj6oydcUPqnd/ngaoEtn6ETKv0m8CocjC8F/cFcG+barypc5B4w8w4PN1K2n /eEg==
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=20161025; h=sender:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version :content-disposition:user-agent:x-original-sender :x-original-authentication-results:precedence:mailing-list:list-id :x-spam-checked-in-group:list-post:list-help:list-archive :list-subscribe:list-unsubscribe; bh=NQGPJ8UxtTk2qtTeGoc975QuixM8PX8sT4MSWdC8xPU=; b=qlAGDcPVX8f059C3KMICqPScRYcIT4MPrjVFdwnux3CoIgbukn2gU+pIuFLkM+Dxfw 5KJVUxSEoR7GsNFSNRDv4A5AnVZks+G1qiZF4doCr9Suax8Z3Wj5MYuxTDSbelqOnbKj ZPOUY1H7D0cheRwzJ6qiogsK1Xxnf+4GDDSSoUHasScvMr2sqhaTXV1gown4wVuIV7Z4 vYCsL/xVzOt/xYCNHzkPzt/I3/oS5YHkfWE4wtqbaigpbij06lyAVLbjLjMHbSrN0TUz FwYTjnxMd9VAna/P2gRr7R67g200RWv/UgpkqyJ+cZExkALAp3SLHy4GrY4OhaUTOBE5 fzUg==
- List-archive: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylu>
- List-help: <https://groups.google.com/support/>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: <berkeleylug.googlegroups.com>
- List-post: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/post>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>, <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>
- Mailing-list: list firstname.lastname@example.org; contact email@example.com
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.2.1-RC1)
BALUG: meeting TODAY!: Tu 2017-05-16 (& note RSVP policy) & other BALUG News
items, details further below:
BALUG meeting TODAY: Tu 2017-05-16 (& note RSVP policy)
giveaways (Books/publications, CDs/DVDs, ...)
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue, ...
Upcoming BALUG list changes!
For our 2017-05-16 BALUG meeting (note also RSVP policy)
At least presently we don't have a specific speaker/presentation lined
up for this meeting, but that doesn't prevent us from having
interesting and exciting meetings and discussions. We also manage to
sometimes secure/confirm a speaker too late for us to announce or fully
publicize the speaker (that's happened at least twice in the past).
Got questions, answers, and/or opinions? We typically have some
expert(s) and/or relative expert(s) present to cover Linux and related
topic areas. Want to hear some interesting discussions on LINUX and
other topics? Show up at the meeting, and feel free to bring an agenda
if you wish. Want to help ensure BALUG has speakers/presentations
lined up for future meetings? Help refer speakers to us and/or
volunteer to be one of the speaker coordinators. Great food and
people, and interesting conversations to be had.
As was decided unanimously at the 2017-03-21 BALUG meeting, there are
significant chagnes to the RSVP policy - in short, if you want to be
sure there's a meeting to go to, be sure to send your RSVP in time for
us to receive it by not later than 5pm of date of meeting.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're planning to attend,
and also note our revised RSVP policy further below.
Meeting kicks off at 6:30 P.M. - we start with meet and greet and chat
and such, then proceed with dining around 7:00 P.M. for dinner - please
arrive before 7:00 P.M. if you want to join us for dinner.
Please RSVP if you're planning to attend. To do so please
e-mail us a note to email@example.com
indicating meeting date. If you'll be bringing additional guest(s)
please let us know total number of folks you're RSVPing for.
Also please let us know any special requirements or concerns you may
have (e.g. if you have any particular dietary considerations, so that
we might possibly be able to accommodate you, or if you won't be dining
with us but do wish to otherwise join our meeting).
IF WE'VE RECEIVED EXACTLY ZERO RSVPs BY 5:00 P.M. ON DATE OF MEETING,
MEETING MAY BE CANCELLED WITH NO FURTHER NOTIFICATIONS. So, if we
receive your RSVP in time, then there is a meeting, if we receive zero
RSVPs in time, there may not be a meeting, so if you want to be sure
there's a meeting to go to, be sure to send your RSVP in time for
us to receive it by not later than 5:00 P.M. US/Pacific time on date of
meeting. Host(s) and any speaker(s)/presenters will be presumed to be
RSVPed yes, but will not be counted towards the total of RSVPs received
even if they've explicitly RSVPed (hosts/speaker(s)/presenter(s) will
be communicated with if meeting is cancelled for any reason).
6:30pm Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 2017-05-16
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma St. (between 2nd & New Montgomery)
San Francisco, CA 94105-3704
Easy Transit/Parking Access: short walk from BART, MUNI, parking
Trip planning: http://www.511.org/
Delicious Hunan cuisine and reasonably priced.
The meetings are always free, but dinner is not (unless you are our
guest speaker, in which case we also treat you to dinner). For
Henry's Hunan Restaurant, if folks are agreeable, we'll share and
dine "family" style, and split up the costs, and typical cost per
person including tax and tip (but not including beverages beyond
complementary tea) would be in the $13.00 to $20.00 range, and
commonly around $15.00 to $17.00. Cash may be preferred to ease
splitting up the check. One can also specifically order the
dish(es) one needs/prefers (e.g. for dietary considerations) - and
we also commonly order some dish(es) that may meet various dietary
considerations) (e.g. vegetarian, non-pork, ...). Please arrive by
7:00 P.M., we expect to order entrees at that time, and may order
appetizer(s) and/or soup(s) anytime after 6:30 P.M.
We typically have various giveaway items at BALUG meetings. We'll
likely have at least the below plus additional items.
Books and other titles!
have a look/read here:
CDs/DVDs/ISOs, etc. - have a peek here:
We may also be able to "burn" images per request or copy to USB flash,
etc. Donations of blank or +-RW media, USB flash, or funding thereof,
also appreciated. See the above URL for details (and the inventory
(qty.) of what we specifically have "burned" and available on-hand does
also frequently change).
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue ...
You can do useful and cool stuff volunteering to help BALUG,
e.g. following up on many leads for possible venue, among many other
Quite a variety of opportunities to help BALUG. Come talk to us at a
meeting and/or drop us a note at: firstname.lastname@example.org
These opportunities may include, among other possibilities:
o venue arrangement (e.g. followup on potential leads
on-site coordination/preparations), see also:
o chief/assistant cat herder
o assist on speaker coordination/procurement, etc.
o assist on publicity
o Linux Systems Administration (e.g. do/assist/learn, with/under some
quite experienced and skilled Linux systems administrator(s)).
o webmaster, assistant webmaster, designer, graphic artist
o and other various/miscellaneous tasks BALUG would like to be doing
(also feel free to suggest ideas!)
Twitter - you can also follow BALUG on Twitter:
Upcoming BALUG list changes?!
Yes, for the past many years, much of BALUG, including our lists, has
been and is still presently hosted on DreamHost.com. We will be
changing that in the not-too-horribly-distant-future. We'll update on
status when that's about to change and when it does change. We'll
provide more details as we approach and go through that transition, and
we'll make it as painless as feasible.
Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): email@example.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BerkeleyLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.