[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
BALUG: meeting: Tu 2019-03-19: Open discussion, perhaps we'll talk about ...; & other BALUG News
- To: "Berkeley Linux Users Group (BerkeleyLUG)" <email@example.com>
- Subject: BALUG: meeting: Tu 2019-03-19: Open discussion, perhaps we'll talk about ...; & other BALUG News
- From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 10:19:33 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 220.127.116.11 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 18.104.22.168 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of email@example.com) smtp.mailfrom=Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=list-unsubscribe:list-subscribe:list-archive:list-help:list-post :list-id:mailing-list:precedence:user-agent:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id:sender :dkim-signature; bh=xuPlq5nty+9u4htqGcIz40ZJDzxKVwA/KkaQfnvaFSc=; b=iSnMMuqpG5ZiGk3K1xaQWdrUybnH6Kujp6boL2AVelUCoAjW3i2NbOePmJ+6gT7AgB queIGulb2KaSl83Wcay0ZBlSRin1UaW78FuigdbvaR0NUs9HF/2l64wo52XxjAs0IVBC OQByanE2iOgUpg/rGymQnh6dnLXTu4sN8/jm8FqyNhk13Tr4clM3EDT2jyLrQFSbeK3p WC2fpSX1wdwxNGjy/iIn+OnbrrYuulmmOGxix30rUtGC26MpaLP7OZN1QnuuikWTPD2W 1R5rbyZt81CbGpWmMM89NWwJC51gHlk/bB+rPSbHq0mThCzDkU2PJ0LJvoeLRckeWVmB 4SCA==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=user-agent:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :mime-version:subject:to:reply-to:from:date:message-id; bh=KJXOb6afYO6MM9WNTCQZFlM5KA3uLeF4yF8SmhPV2tA=; b=Njs7pH/aNnyBHkTq1Y+VRaYI/Mz7+FmyAtZhdK2Bz0XE33XcH/i3p02CPvZHJkFzET n1nR7yAKph2CCny462hKIy4HqgJpBamCcYVCDd7X72UiqfEFvQ3C69hB1IN4EIaZEFtL bbVjN8LnGNt1Fe/QSr8JZQov4AThqO38YNztRXP4IhywlD6w89Z7B7X95pnBsVPJzQdk PEv3k+lpedzvsBQbFSTkEXrjWbO9xz8ZE6v0O8PmwwZ90J2Upl5z0YaBoz6nEoJt2U6F mnAV/iVt/EngmDJFqOD25iQ6TfG4j3DK8jsHpdBPcYqTaKHzkKgaGhal5pkYrx/OoVL3 TYwQ==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1552929574; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=YBC254n0bzdZhrXngJFaPjmwc7JUxLwSa6OiCMgv/iiuKGaPfSg/sgsS+074ZMj05/ hfrU0cRYr+BC/7h2AGk2FkGa7pO7qAXUEJJYi7+Y72vKMI3HhQjeBpTrKBciTaXZkCu8 vxuk2DTbp2t064eeWoRtUs0P6bI8ZVGo8xcwejQqj/h1LnYIsQAsLaOlysUuqym0ngV4 Oq6I9Hr1IUnUfVnIpEqCc11lNu0obAjIMl5+UjLdhJtiC9QyGUPXsblSA9J5NdxZHRpF RPZq344W5/dDD7qH3R2UJQCJ9FXTyZIDdFefaicHhc8oxW+3hUGzwILswhEYcADK6xbw 6fyQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1552929574; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=T1BoHoDaof+udWdU57HD/QA9g4qcTc9DDD9c1hqymJtB3kKz/6mmCFH589YE7IMlE7 qi2am2A7vSN79UCHUGcRtNRvBX6Uft65MNnWBgZRJdRq3qMwdq9VUCPIKAPfyq0FLdg6 yTve/VgnRuXiwg7gLrroqv02SSVPer53zeihNdOTA8OWFNkHfIk/Tfu99mbGmamVRPlh RWB5OMBZrvqucPfQxyX7Bn/WxdfePOgrUmPDky+ikrXjJ0OKFqCmSi4MSx9iJDunr9cM hyAc9qvEovWIij/Qqx7lGlFIEyRDdNuX+7Gqf/bNXxPClRtuKTqguenMoOa8USLtKvDu Nowg==
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=20161025; h=sender:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version :content-disposition:user-agent:x-original-sender :x-original-authentication-results:precedence:mailing-list:list-id :list-post:list-help:list-archive:list-subscribe:list-unsubscribe; bh=xuPlq5nty+9u4htqGcIz40ZJDzxKVwA/KkaQfnvaFSc=; b=M4+d7hErs0P6vwjmopgXbTfz63+oi04F5WPbyaxMH+aOGkIhdLBWisb4xnPZsL7HJU X4yh324wE0kICyw0ejtlP5D8BFDpItFhdmqpoD7jMJ1m3EnimkYvv4mNwR6aHqSeBVN8 HFBjYgFhGXtI2/wdQSjMHKL86cWuTKYZSAkqbox5NnWvR0hvuEUHdO/qSWIJexgwa03h 6gkRYUOAtkVUQ1keL3n/U+Q7RM47Qthfx4IPjLhTmOFb+93jBVOEbtXfw/xlSJURaC8y x9tiB/sSrSW8YyEmPHPJntU9s+qAGBu/d2pl6bfih9zJ9hiCqPGef/+J6IljtoTtA0IT 61eg==
- List-archive: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylu>
- List-help: <https://groups.google.com/support/>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: <berkeleylug.googlegroups.com>
- List-post: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/post>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, <https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug/subscribe>
- Mailing-list: list email@example.com; contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.2.1-RC1)
BALUG: meeting: Tu 2019-03-19: Open discussion, perhaps we'll talk
about ...; & other BALUG News
items, details further below:
BALUG: meeting: Tu 2019-03-19: Open discussion, perhaps we'll talk about ...
giveaways (& wanted), hardware, CDs/DVDs, books/publications, ...
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue, ...
For our 2019-03-19 (3rd Tuesday) BALUG meeting:
Don't have a specific speaker/presentation lined up for this meeting,
We're sure to have some expert(s), and no shortage of interesting things
we might talke about, e.g.:
o Raspberry Pi Day
o WordPress (on Linux)
o Domain management, transfer, DNS ...
o Whatever else folks may be interested in discussing
Please RSVP if you're planning to attend. To do so please
e-mail us a note to email@example.com
indicating meeting date. If you'll be bringing additional guest(s)
please let us know total number of folks you're RSVPing for.
Also please let us know any special requirements or concerns you may
have (e.g. if you have any particular dietary considerations, so that
we might possibly be able to accommodate you, or if you won't be dining
with us but do wish to otherwise join our meeting).
6:30pm Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 2019-03-19
Henry's Hunan Restaurant
110 Natoma St. (between 2nd & New Montgomery)
San Francisco, CA 94105-3704
Easy Transit/Parking Access: short walk from BART, MUNI, parking
Trip planning: http://www.511.org/
Delicious Hunan cuisine and reasonably priced.
The meetings are always free, but dinner is not (unless you are our
guest speaker, in which case we also treat you to dinner). For
Henry's Hunan Restaurant, if folks are agreeable, we'll share and
dine "family" style, and split up the costs, and typical cost per
person including tax and tip (but not including beverages beyond
complementary tea) would be in the $16.00 to $23.00 range, and
commonly around $18.00 to $22.00. Cash preferred to ease splitting
up the check. One can also specifically order the dish(es) one
needs/prefers (e.g. for dietary considerations) - and we also
commonly order some dish(es) that may meet various dietary
considerations) (e.g. vegetarian, non-pork, ...). Please arrive by
7:00 P.M., we expect to order entrees at that time, and may order
appetizer(s) and/or soup(s) anytime after 6:30 P.M.
giveaways (& wanted), hardware, CDs/DVDs, books/publications, ...
We typically have various giveaway items at BALUG meetings. We'll
likely have at least the below plus additional items.
CDs/DVDs/ISOs, etc. - have a look here:
Donations of blank or +-RW media, USB flash, or funding thereof,
also appreciated. See the above URL for details (and the inventory
(qty.) of what we specifically have "burned" and available on-hand does
also frequently change).
Hardware, etc. wanted/offered!
Got some (computer, etc.) hardware, etc. you're looking to give
away or acquire (or if not free, well below current fair market value),
and locally? We have a wiki page to list that - so ... see what's
offered, wanted, etc.!
(And I'm definitely pushing the Brother printer/scanner/... and the Dell
Dimension 8400 - they'll likely become e-cycle waste if they don't get
adopted in relatively near future)
Books and other titles!
have a peek here:
help BALUG! :-) - volunteering, venue ...
You can do useful and cool stuff volunteering to help BALUG.
Quite a variety of opportunities to help BALUG. Come talk to us at a
meeting and/or drop us a note at: firstname.lastname@example.org
These opportunities may include, among other possibilities:
o assist or lead on speaker coordination/procurement, etc.
o venue arrangement (e.g. followup on potential leads,
o chief/assistant cat herder
o assist on publicity
o Linux Systems Administration (e.g. do/assist/learn, with/under some
quite experienced and skilled Linux systems administrator(s)).
o webmaster, assistant webmaster, designer, graphic artist
o and other various/miscellaneous tasks BALUG would like to be doing
(also feel free to suggest ideas!)
Twitter - you can also follow BALUG on Twitter:
Feedback on our publicity/announcements (e.g. contacts or lists where we
should get our information out that we're not presently reaching, or
things we should do differently): email@example.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BerkeleyLUG" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/berkeleylug.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.