 Subject: Digest for berkeleylug@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic
 To: "Digest recipients" <berkeleylug@googlegroups.com>
 Date: Sunday, April 7, 2019, 4:11 AM

               berkeleylug@googlegroups.com

             Google
 Groups

     Topic digest

     View all topics

       Rundown of possible switch to Algorithm Coffee for new
 meetup venue -
       2 Updates

       Rundown of possible switch to Algorithm Coffee for new
 meetup venue

           Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>: Apr 06
 01:37PM -0700

 > IMHO, it shouldn't be all too all that surprising
 that my own Pluses and

 > Minuses for Algorithm Coffee in particular would be
 nearly identical to

 > Michael P's and Tom L's.

 FWIW, I concur, though I was there for only a brief while
 (because

 Deirdre was in the car waiting to go home).  I had a
 generally

 favourable impression:  This is a neat, attractive, well-run
 place that

 takes its coffee seriously.  It looked to me as if the major
 issues were

 noise level when it gets busy, and infeasibility of joining
 multiple

 tables when it gets busy.  So, it occurs to me that one way
 to deal with

 that obstacle (as an alternative to the 'a couple of
 people come early

 and grab & hold one or a pair of 6-person tables'
 tactic) would be to

 reschedule BerkeleyLUG to earlier than Algorithm
 Coffee's peak business

 hours.  Algorthm Coffee opens on Sundays at 9am, according
 to the Web

 site.  I'll be a brief reconnoitre at 9-10am tomorrow
 would confirm that

 it's typically quiet and very uncrowded at that hour --
 at least as one

 data point..

 As to remoteness (which you've already covered, but
 I'll chime in

 anyway), it's a 1.4 mile walk from downtown Berkeley
 BART, which is more

 than some would be willing to do, but just a pleasant walk
 by many

 people's standards -- and (as you say) AC Transit
 certainly runs down

 University Avenue and San Pablo Avenue well enough.

           Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>: Apr 06
 05:33PM -0700

         Fixing possibly confusing typo:

 > Algorithm Coffee opens on Sundays at 9am, according to
 the Web site.

 > I'll be a brief reconnoitre at 9-10am tomorrow
 would confirm that it's

        ^^ 'bet'

     Back to top

       You received this digest because you're subscribed
 to updates for this group. You can change your settings on
 the group
 membership page.

 emails from it send an email to berkeleylug+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.