Pi day December

It's that time again.

Sunday December 1 from 11 am till 2 pm at Cafe Blue Door.

I know it is Thanksgiving and Black Friday weekend but maybe you just need a break.

Anyways I'll be there.

My focus for this month is it's too build a personal weather station. So my thought is a solar powered Pi or Arduino collecting data from various sensors.

The Raspberry Pi foundation had some kits for schools in England (kit provided by Oracle).   And it generated a lot of interest in the broader community.
So even though there is no official product they do have a tutorial on their site.  https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/build-your-own-weather-station

Come by if you can and play with Pi or Arduino using sensors.

Some challenges:. Bob mentioned that you could calculate wind speed with pairs of ultrasonic sensors.
Also I have some sensors salvaged from s printer that count the angle or position. My thought was to use them for weather vane or wind speed. (but I have bought an actual kit).

Thomas

P.S.  I will be working on this every other weekend in December too. So if you can't make it on the first.