Re: Next meeting this Sunday 02.09.20

Quoting tom r lopes (tomrlopes@gmail.com):

> And now they have replicated this genius in the M.2 connector.  How do
> you figure out which SSD to get?  There is keying on the connector but
> the key for SATA also has 2 pci-e lanes.  So a 2 lane NVME drive looks
> the same as a SATA SSD.  Argh!

Here's an expert posting to a LUG mailing list (in Melbourne, Australia)
about this very issue (as then re-posted by me to CABAL's mailing list):
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/conspire/2020-January/010075.html

(Occasionally, when I see brilliant and helpful postings from other
parts of the world, I repost them locally.)

--
Cheers,                     "Why doesn't anyone invite copyeditors to parties,
Rick Moen                   when we're such cool people out with whom to hang?"